Granola is a delicious breakfast and can be served with milk, yoghurt or fruit. Many shop bought versions are packed full of sugar though so try this version which is much healthier and really tasty. Once made it can be stored in an air tight jar or container for a few weeks.
120g porridge oats
120g almonds 120g cashews
50g pumpkin seeds
50g sunflower seeds
50g unsweetened coconut flakes
/ desiccated coconut
40g coconut oil
20g maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 140C.
2. Add the porridge oats, almonds, cashews, pumpkin and sunflower seeds and coconut flakes / desiccated coconut to a large oven-proof dish.
3. Melt the coconut oil on a low heat and add in the maple syrup and vanilla extract.
4. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients, ensuring the nuts, seeds and oats are well coated in the oil / syrup mixture.
5. Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins until golden brown.